Saturday, September 16, 2006
Leave it to Virginia
Keeping a blog that is situated in the public domain (the Internet) among the billions of others that express views on topics that are both random and...significant? seems a serious matter. In a sea of clutter and nonsense, I will post my usually introverted opinions on feminism and pop culture and all that wonderful jazz in "a room of my own". Or perhaps, "a site of my own"? Whatever it is, I feel good about participating in a practice that so many have already come to know and love. The Women's Studies 320 class and the entire world will have (un)exclusive access to my deepest thoughts and most brilliant ideas, and I too will have the privilege of knowing what keeps people like you up at night. With a simple click on a link each one of us will be connected, creating a cornucopia of ideas and an intricate web of agreeance and rebuttals. Feminism can tend to be a touchy issue, and it is all the more fun that it is the topic I am going to touch (I can be sure to expect many comments from many opinionated people). I vow to keep my entries interesting, insightful and honest. After all, you never know who is going to come across your blog! (ah, the joy of public access..) It is my hope that my entries will inspire and that I in turn will be inspired and further motivated to share my views on Feminism, pop culture and much more with this class and the people of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, you with the hole in your bucket. It's your prof. messing up your weekend...
In order to give you full credit, I need you to download a picture onto your blog and to add your colleagues' blog addresses to yours. I know Mo hasn't sent out the directions yet, but if you get to your 'links' layout, you'll see the http box, and that's where you add the addresses. -OR you can wait to hear from Mo (who probably gives far better directions than I). HT
Post a Comment